AMOTE (Amrita MOTE) is an intelligent mote developed for the accurate and effortless measurement of environmental parameters. It pushes these values to the nearest routers or gateways and there onto cloud for further analysis. It is capable of interfacing and collecting data from multiple sensors at any given point of time. Sensors for measuring pressure, humidity, temperature, air quality, etc., can be attached to this device with minimal or no calibration.
- “Hot swappable” sensors
- AMOTE will load the calibration values The calibration data for all sensors are included in the firmware of the AMOTE.
- Extra sensors can be added to the AMOTE by using a simple and cheap expander.
The LowZee is a 2.4GHz MOTE module used for low-power, wireless sensor network with multi-protocol support and with higher radio efficency.
LowZee’s have the ability to host 6LoWPAN or Zigbee stacks. It allows users to load Contiki OS onto it and run appropriate protocol stack on top of it. Using its USB interface it can be connected to Beagle bone or UDO or Radxa or similar boards to quickly enable Zigbee and 6LowPan mode of Communication. Compared to existing MOTES of similar capability LowZee’s are priced comparatively cheaper. LowZee’s could attain a line of sight range close to 800m under high humid climates and about 120m to 200m otherwise. Application areas of such LowZee’s are limitless. LowZee’s also consumes less power compared to its counter parts.
- IEEE 802.15.4 compliant RF Transceiver.
- Supports more than 10 sensors on a single LowZee based AMOTE.
- Plug & Play sensors for LowZee based AMOTE customization.
- Supports BitCloud platform for ZigBee and Sky platform for 6LoWPAN (Contiki).
- Support low latency web based application in 6LoWPAN based LowZee devices.
- LowZee ZigBee supports tree, mesh and star topology.
- LowZee 6LoWPAN supports only mesh topology.
- Peer to Peer RF Transceiver.